Thursday 27 August 2015

Lionel Messi crowned 2014-15 UEFA Best Player in Europe

Lionel Messi receives his award from Michel Platini right as Cristiano Ronaldo stands in the background on Thursday August 27 as he was voted 2014-15 UEFA's Best Player in Europe.

The 28-year-old Barca star and four-time FIFA world player of the year, scored 58 goals and provided 31 assists last season.

''I am very happy with the prize, but it is thanks to my team mates, who are a big part of the reason that I am here,'' Messi told club's website. ''Luis Suárez [also nominated] and I are representatives of the dressing room, but neither of us would be here without them. I am convinced that I depend more on the team than they depend on me. If we didn’t have such a good team, we would not have been able to win all that we have.''

The Argentine received 49 votes, beating Luis Suárez (3) and Cristiano Ronaldo (2) to the prize with Neymar finishing in fifth place, the first time a player has won it twice.









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...