Friday 28 August 2015

Serena Williams talks about the prospect of achieving ''Grand Slam''

Serena William is looking at the prospect of becoming only the fourth woman in history to achieve a pure ''Grand Slam''.

The 34-year-old tennis world No 1 was interviewed recently by The Independent.

''I feel like there’s always another record, then there’s always another person to catch up with or to pass,'' Serena told the media about possibly achieving the tennis ''Grand Slam'' – winning the Australian, French, and U.S. Opens, and Wimbledon, in the same calendar year. ''I never really thought I would be in this position where I would even be talking about records, talking about Steffi Graf or even mentioning Margaret Court. I just grew up trying to be the best that I could. I worked really hard for everything, so to even be mentioned in that conversation is great.''

Read full interview at The Independent.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...