Monday 31 August 2015

Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez signs with Bayer Leverkusen for £7.3m

Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez has joined Bayer Leverkusen for £7.3m  on a 3-year deal.

The 27-year-old Mexican forward was on the bench for United's 2-1 Barclays Premier League defeat at Swansea on Sunday but last started for the team more than a year ago.

"I know two of the biggest leagues in Europe in the English Premier League and the Primera Division in Spain and now I want to experience the Bundesliga,'' Hernandez told the Leverkusen website, www.bayer04.de. "I've heard a lot about the fantastic stadia in Germany and about the unique fans they have there. The Bundesliga is an extremely attack-minded league and it's particularly enticing for me. It's fantastic that I can now play for a club like Leverkusen, who are obviously known to me from the Champions League. Bayer Leverkusen is a big opportunity for me and I can and want to achieve a lot here."

He spent most of last season on loan at Real Madrid.

Hernandez scored 59 goals in 156 appearances for United after joining from hometown club Chivas de Guadalajara in 2010.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...