Monday 31 August 2015

Wrestling legend Hulk Hogan apologizes for racist comments on GMA

Hulk Hogan was on Good Morning America on Monday in an exclusive interview with ABC News' Amy Robach, where he discussed the racial row he says has left his entire wrestling career completely erased from the history books.

Here's what the 12-time world champ had to share with ABC News' Robach that aired on Monday.

''Oh, my gosh. Please forgive me. Please forgive me,'' the 62-year-old pleaded--both to America as a whole and to his daughter Brooke Hogan, whose black boyfriend was the focus of his racist attack. ''I'm not a racist but I never should have said what I said. It was wrong. I'm embarrassed by it. I was upset about something that happened between her and her boyfriend. People need to realize that you inherit things from your environment. And where I grew up...Port Tampa...was a really rough neighborhood, very low income. And all my friends, we greeted each other saying that word.

He added, ''I was to the point where I wanted to kill myself. Just because a person makes a mistake, just don’t throw them away. You don’t throw good people away. People get better every day.''




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...