Monday 31 August 2015

Liverpool sign Nigerian striker Taiwo Awoniyi for £400,000

Liverpool have completed the signing of Nigerian striker, Taiwo Awoniyi from Imperial Academy in his homeland for £400,000 deal.

The 18-year-old U-23 player has immediately been sent to second-tier German side FSV Frankfurt on loan because he does not qualify for a work permit.

''This is the biggest club in the world and I’m privileged to be here,''Awoniyi told Liverpoolfc.com. ''I’ll try to develop myself very well so that when I come back to Liverpool I’ll be able to add value to the team. When I’m in the red shirt, I will always give my very best to make the fans happy.''

Awoniyi had also been targeted by Monaco and Porto, but the Reds have moved quickly to secure his signature.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...