Friday 14 August 2015

Mourinho opens up on his medical staff's treatment

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has finally opened up for his treatment of Eva Carneiro and his medical staff after a week of intense criticism at a press conference on Friday ahead of Chelsea's crucial match against Manchester City on Sunday August 16.

Here's what the 52-year-old Portuguese said at the Blues’ Cobham training ground on Friday.

''Look, I hope this room is full because the champions will be playing against the former champion, because we have hopefully a big match on Sunday, but I knew it already. It is not a surprise. No question. I don’t want to run away from it. I accept the question, and understand. First of all, I want to say I have a fantastic medical led by Dr Paco Biosca, more than a dozen professionals, very good relation with them and, as they tell me all the time, they were never praised so much as in last few years. I praise them lots of times.''

On Manchester City.

''We are speaking about 38 matches, it is an eternity, a marathon that started last week. I cannot say it’s not crucial, I cannot say it’s not very, very, very important. It’s title contenders so three points are important but I cannot say that a win will mean anything significant for the winner or the loser.''

On transfer.

''The club wants titles, the players want titles, the fans want titles. We are not top of the leauge in relation to the spenders it doesn’t mean people have to be worried. The transfer window is not closed, secondly because you don’t always have to be champion in the market and third, because we do things when we have to do, when we think we can do.''

Team news.

''Oscar is a doubt, he had a little injury in training. Courtois is suspended, apart from that it’s all good.''

On Carneiro and Fearn

''Dr John Fearn and Dr Eva Carneiro will not be on the bench, but doesn’t mean for rest of season. My decision [this weekend] does not mean they won’t be on the bench in the future. If you want to speak to me about football, I’m here. If you want to ask about other things, I’m not here.''

On disagreements with medical team.

''We have disagreements during this period, we need disagreements to improve. We work together. Your question about the bench. For some people it’s important. For others, it’s not... It’s my decision. I have seven assistants, only four can go on bench. Seven kitmen, only two. Medical, only two on bench.''

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...