Wednesday 5 August 2015

My transfer window is over - Mourihno says

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed in an exclusive interview to Alan Brazil on its Sports Breakfast show that he's not looking to add any new players to his squad before the summer transfer window closes.

''I repeat the same thing every season. For me, the transfer window is over,'' the 52-year-old Portuguese football manager told talkSPORT. ''I don’t like the transfer window when competition starts. I know it is open and my club is able to buy or sell, but I don’t like that feeling. As a football coach I am now thinking about my players, about my squad and I don’t want to think about the transfer window.''

Chelsea are also reportedly close to signing Augsburg defender Baba Rahman after his agent claimed terms had been agreed with the Blues.

The Premier League champions are short of left-backs having seen Filipe Luis leave for Atletico Madrid, but Mourinho insists he is not thinking about transfers.

''What happens happens, but I’m not going to lose one minute of my time thinking about the transfer window and I’ll try to get the best out of my players,'' he added. ''These are the rules and I have to adapt but I don't think about it.''

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...